All these bloody spambots!

Suggestions, ideas or problems on the forums. Feel free to post em here. (Please PM Maggie for urgent issues)

Moderator: maggie

All these bloody spambots!

Postby Baden on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 am

Am I dense? What the hell is the point of flooding our boards with all these spam messages? Is anyone really going to go to the "Florida Straits" message or believe "Hardcore Anal Nurses" is going to attract attention on a comics site?

Is there any way we can block them or do we have to live with it? They seem to have really ruined the boards for the last month or so and its a shame because checking these boards has become an essential and enjoyable part of my day.

Baden
Baden
Superhero

Re: All these bloody spambots!

Postby antains on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

Baden wrote:Am I dense? What the hell is the point of flooding our boards with all these spam messages? Is anyone really going to go to the "Florida Straits" message or believe "Hardcore Anal Nurses" is going to attract attention on a comics site?

Someone (or several people) checks them, because there is a tally of how many times a post has been read. Frequently, it's more than once. I wonder if that means the posts about comics are the spam... :x
I shouldn't be here.
antains
Evil Genius

Return to Suggestions or Issues