PulpFaction / OzComics Wiki

Suggestions, ideas or problems on the forums. Feel free to post em here. (Please PM Maggie for urgent issues)

Moderator: maggie

PulpFaction / OzComics Wiki

Postby Egofreaky on Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:38 pm

OK, we've ALL seen how useful Wikipedia is, and it's pretty simple to run a wiki on your own site provided people are mature (or access is restricted).

Why not have a Wiki here?

It'd be able to cover EVERYTHING people wanted out of an Australian Comics resource site because we'd be able to add or update whatever we wanted!

I think the two best uses for a Wiki immediately are an Australian comics shop listing, with a mention of how indie friendly the store is.
The other would be a creator & comic databse something like Tabula Rasa, but all interlinked.

What say ye?
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby makepeace on Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:45 pm

makepeace
Science Hero

Postby Egofreaky on Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:39 am

Ok fine...
Is that linked from the front page here though? I can't find it if it is.

Also, it's out of date, 9 of those stores are gone, and there's very little extra information on them that can't be had from the Yellowpages.
The reason I suggest having it here is because we all come here on a regular basis, so we're likely to all add more things to it, such as staff members to contact, and how indie friendly that store may be.

Seriously, something like that needs to be where we all have regular access to it.
The front page of PF would be an ideal place, as it'd be possible to have the News Wiki show up first, and then people could come and go with details of other things as they please before coming to the forums.
Egofreaky
Evil Genius!

Postby Soon on Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:59 am

What you don't get from flicking through the Yellow Pages is an easy to look at listing of all the places that sell comics and don't have the word comic in their title.

Of course, if you know a listing is incorrect you could go in and correct it yourself. And nothing from stopping you creating store profile pages like they have with the artists. (Though hopefully it won't be in the lastname, firstname format)

Promotion of Hayase's little wiki could be vastly improved.
Soon
Super Genius

Postby Daniel McKeown on Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:38 am

The Hayase wiki has potential to rock out.
Daniel McKeown
Super Genius

Postby maggie on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:13 pm

Egofreaky wrote:Ok fine...
Is that linked from the front page here though? I can't find it if it is.

Oops. I'm bad. I said I'd put it on the front once it went 'live' and then I forgot after it did. (sorry, komala!)

I was just talking to Avi about this (I hadn't read this thread yet) and getting his comic shop list online. A wiki seemed the obvious choice. I dunno how I feel now. I like the idea of getting Avi's comic shop list online (and maintainable), but... then there's already the Hayase wiki.
More opinions please? I could put up a Wiki and have it tied to your PF login, or does that cut into the Hayase wiki's groove?

Maggie
maggie
Robot Overlord!

Return to Suggestions or Issues