sydney printers

Working for yourself or for a publisher, chat about the business side here.

Re: sydney printers

Postby matt g on Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Any chance you can take a couple of pictures of some of the finished print, especially those gradients, perhaps highlight / shadow dynamic range etc?

cheers
mattg
matt g
Super Genius

Postby Baden on Fri May 30, 2008 10:05 am

Trev has asked me to post a scan but I'm a bit hopeless on the interweb - can someone give me a quick how to?
Baden
Superhero

Postby rumpusroomie on Fri May 30, 2008 10:58 am

hi baden, just email me and i'll post them if you want, i just don't have a scanner at the moment and photos of the pages don't do it justice with the gloss on the paper.
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby rumpusroomie on Fri May 30, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey Matt, here's the file Baden scanned in for me. To be fair to his nice printing the blacks look far more vivid on my actual page.
http://www.woodlandcreative.com/webbucket/print_example.jpg

meanwhile, the print is good, it's the art that lets it down at that size. it hurts my eyes! I hope i've gotten better in the interveining 80 odd pages.
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Baden on Fri May 30, 2008 12:46 pm

That graininess in the scan is because of my poor scanning skills - sorry. The book looks great though - much better than the scan implies.

Trev's artwork is really strong and vibrant and suits digital printing beautifully. If you want to see how good it looks in real life - buy the book!
Baden
Superhero

Postby JasonFranks on Sat May 31, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey,

Just wanted to second the recommendation for Baden's work. I just printed two books with him and they look great--much better than Comixpress and Ka-Blam and at least as good as the Canadaian printer I used a couple of times.

I haven't really launched the books yet, because I had to go overseas the day after the books arrived (d'oh!) but will hopefully ramp up the pimpage when I get back in July (including a new website). I did manage to get off the initial mailout and you might be able to get them in Minotaur and Classic Comics in Melbourne. If, y'know, you want to check out Baden's work.

-- JF
JasonFranks
Super Genius

Postby Baden on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:22 am

Thanks for the positive feedback guys - i am glad you are pleased.
Baden
Superhero

Postby azahru on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:35 am

I've just got my sweet anthology (Song Dreams and Nightmares) back from Baden. I'm very happy with the results, good crisp art... out of personal taste I think I'd go for a heavier paper in the cover, but that's an aesthetic thing that I'm still figuring out and I'm sure if I'd asked for a heavier cover I would have got one.
Writer of poetry, prose, comics and song http://www.lizargall.com

Things Without Arms and Without Legs, comic about creatures who are kind https://thingswithout.wordpress.com/
azahru
Science Hero

Postby jpaulos on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:42 pm

Everybody who bought 'EEEK' from me was amazed at the quality of the printing and binding of Badens books so it's a big thumbs up from me.
jpaulos
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby rumpusroomie on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:13 pm

I've been getting similar levels of ethusiasm from people Jason, It's exciting that other books are looking good too, just not too many though! If everybodies production values rise my work will need to stand on it's merits! :D
rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Previous

Return to The Business