[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Pulp Faction • View topic - sydney printers

sydney printers

Working for yourself or for a publisher, chat about the business side here.

sydney printers

Postby jpaulos on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 am

Can anybody recommend a good docutech style printer in the Sydney area? I'm hoping to do some short run printing for Supanova. Names and numbers and rough costings would be great.
jpaulos
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby rumpusroomie on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 am

rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby Red J on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 am

Jon Sommariva
ART --> www.red-j.deviantart.com
Gemini :: May 2008 :: Image comics
Red J
Superhero

Postby Red J on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:44 am

Jon Sommariva
Red J
Superhero

Postby rumpusroomie on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:54 pm

rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby mark selan on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Submit to
mark selan
Science Hero

Postby matt g on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:12 pm

matt g
Super Genius

Postby Red J on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Jon Sommariva
Red J
Superhero

Postby rumpusroomie on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:30 pm

rumpusroomie
Master of Time

Postby matt g on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:53 pm

matt g
Super Genius

Postby Red J on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:53 am

Jon Sommariva
Red J
Superhero

Postby matt g on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:28 am

matt g
Super Genius

Postby iangould on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:37 pm

Jase,

I recommend Music Mania even though they aren;t in Sydney - they did a fantastic job on Local Hero 1 very cheaply and an exceptionally fast turnaround.

I know the owner and would to be happy to set thigns up with him.
iangould
Superhero

Postby apple head on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 am

The last US sized comic I printed was Mickey Moose. We printed 200 copies for $600. It was 48 page B&W interior and full color cover. We got some dodgy copies where the ink was peeling, but generally it was pretty good quality. I also printed comics in the thousands (Quay-Line), which ended up costing 80 cents per unit.

Anyways my theory is that the reason printing comics is expensive is the same reason Matt pointed out. It's just a foreign concept to most printers in Australia. They are either used to printing thousands of brochures, magazines and panthlets or just a handful of random portfolio crap. Anyways my understanding is you're not paying for the print, but for the set up, and comics especially US size is a totally foreign concept.

Which is why I gave up on it and figured out some other ways of making my last few comics look interesting. I printed my last comic as an A6 landscape thing, and I was really happy with it and saved a bunch money. I paid $100 for 100 copies. I used the printer at UTS. The Turkish man there was really helpful, but I wouldn't say the same for the younger guys. I also found that I would buy my own stock of paper for the cover. That made it look nicer. Anyway going A5 or A4 probably will save you cost too.

Anyways I'm working on a new comic myself, and I'll be printing around 200 copies. I might keep you guys posted on the cost here. I think it's going to be cheap though. I paid something like $2 (2000 won here) for a locally made comic and it really looked the business.
apple head
Super Genius

Postby JasonFranks on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:22 pm

JasonFranks
Super Genius

Next

Return to The Business