out of the fishbowl and into the frying pan

Writers and Artists who excite you. See who influences your fellow fans and creators.

out of the fishbowl and into the frying pan

Postby Demongoldfish on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:19 pm

Well this seems as good a place as any to land. IE my first post.

I've really just started getting into the 'art' or comics and that but ive been drawing doodles since i can remember [i think there is still a smiley face inside my mothers whomb i drew with crayon]. really i have no idea what im doing. i use rollerball nibs on bond paper [not the best but fairly cheap and doesnt bleed]

i might get around to using a pic for my avator thingy later today

oh i better make this post relevent to this section.

my main influences are luenig [sp?], larson, Jhonen Vasquez, frank miller. plus whoever it is that draws broomhilder zitz and calvin and hobbes and homestar runner [i know they arnt the same person] and DaDa but then most things are DaDa if you think about it

having said that im not really into comics that much i dont read many except the ones in the paper and jhonen vasquez stuff. i try to keep my influences low so i dont end up copying someone elses work.

feel free to give me shit for such a poor mainstream bunch of influences
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby Caleb on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Oooh! Someone is discussing an art movement on the internet!
I have a little bell in my room that goes off when that happens. I love some of the Dadaist thinking, of course profoundly influential but massively overlooked. Everyone just asusmed you had the urinal and that was it.
I really enjoy Picabia. Understated, had some marvelous things to say about it.
"Father, can I tell your congregation how a resurrection really feels?"
http://wiggleyourperception.blogspot.com/
Caleb
Superhero

Postby Demongoldfish on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:45 am

woa easy cowboy. im far from knowlegable about DaDa or any art movement for that matter. ive seen a bit of man rays work and a few others and likes the sort of chaoticness off it if that makes sence... but yea dont expect any deep and meaningfull conversations about art movements from me. :D
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Return to Who you love