MUSAK TO MOTIVATE

Talk about the people, places and times that influence and inspire you.

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:50 pm

Yeah... you're a funny guy

Postby Laocorn on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:22 am

"(and Mr Mozart, go figure)"

Ain't nothing wrong there, tho I'm more a fan of Beethoven's 9th Symphony... and heavy with melody, if that makes sense :P
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby BMB on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:55 am

If you want heavy as fuck music thats also got a hell of a lot of skill in it (proper melodies and/or complicated tunes) look up Decapitated, very very talented (and heavy as a fucken heavy thing) Or maybe Terrorust, from Melbourne (at least the singer is....he was the singer for most of Damaged's albums)

If you want the death metal version of Kermit the frog, look up Prostitue Disfigurement's myspace page for a free listen, but some of the album cover arts a bit.........full-on. :x
BMB
Science Hero

Postby ADAMBLACKdotNET on Tue May 15, 2007 9:05 pm

When I'm trying to create a new universe or character I listen to emotive music like an orchestra or film sound track. For instance the music to the Halo 3 teaser trailer gets my creative juices.. well you know.

But when I am writing a comic script after I have already established the universe I have to have complete silence. I can't finese a script unless I have quiet.

PS: Also I find hot showers and the walk to and from work helps get the creative side of my brain working.
ADAMBLACKdotNET
Sidekick

Postby bluetoaster on Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 am

I can't listen to music when I'm writing at all.
When I draw, or do post-production on the computer... I can listen to podcasts/interviews, and sometimes - 'elevator' music.

I just can't comfortably accommodate 'music' in making my comics.

bluetoaster
Master of Time

Previous

Return to What Drives Me