MUSAK TO MOTIVATE

Talk about the people, places and times that influence and inspire you.

MUSAK TO MOTIVATE

Postby micma on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:17 am

I listen to spiderbaits black betty acdc thunderstruck to get me in the mood to draw and then once i'm going it's pretty much pete murray or jack johnson.
my questions to you guys what songs or themes of music gets your creative juices flowing?
p.s. no rocky musak ha!
micma
Superhero

Postby practicecactus on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:57 am

Just for motivation in general System of a Down ,old Green day and Bon Scott AC/DC gets me moving and wanting to do shit. But yeah, like you, generally anything loud and punchy gets me goin.
practicecactus
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby apple head on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:55 pm

Anything with trumpets and punk chords in it :) Reel Big Fish 'Sell out" is a good one! Welcome to hell and Planet Estoria from Ska-P. Some Los Rabanes and Manu Chau stuff. Cherry Popping Daddies, Bagster, Mad Caddies, Goldfinger's "Supermann", Porkers are heaps of Fun especially "scooner of a Black :)" I also like Forces of Evil's 'Go to Hell" almost anything from the Aquabats :D

Why aren't these bands on Radio much :'(
apple head
Super Genius

Postby Laocorn on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:48 pm

I sway between music styles, from Dire Straits through to Killswitch Engage. Though one thing I always love is a good classical or instrumental piece; the 9th Symphony and some movie themes are definately energising.

Something I dont do as often these days is just put a movie or tv show on the in the background, but I tend to get distracted then :P
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

What the?

Postby micma on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:51 am

apple head i can safely say that i have been living under a rock because i have never heard of any band or singer you have mentioned.
are you going to put any of these guys on at your house after supernova.
micma
Superhero

Postby BMB on Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:08 pm

It depends what mood I'm in when I wake up, sometimes (though not that often) it's Mozart (but not any of his songs with singing in it, blargh!)

But mostly its some form of Death/gore metal. its a little hard to describe, so heres a example: (its ok, no images of dead people or anything, in fact, the clips quite cheezy!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7oCDbDebDA

Though most of the stuff I like would be a bit faster than that ( and more complicated music riffs etc :D )
BMB
Science Hero

Postby Laocorn on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:12 pm

BMB wrote:It depends what mood I'm in when I wake up, sometimes (though not that often) it's Mozart (but not any of his songs with singing in it, blargh!)

But mostly its some form of Death/gore metal. its a little hard to describe, so heres a example: (its ok, no images of dead people or anything, in fact, the clips quite cheezy!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7oCDbDebDA

Though most of the stuff I like would be a bit faster than that ( and more complicated music riffs etc :D )

I'm more for medoly in the singing, but man I love the riffs in the growling stuff.

You much for Megadeth?
"The Best Way to be Remembered is to Have a Life Worth Remembering" - Bruce Lee.

Laocorn
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What the?

Postby apple head on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:51 pm

micma wrote:apple head i can safely say that i have been living under a rock because i have never heard of any band or singer you have mentioned.
are you going to put any of these guys on at your house after supernova.

I hear them on Tripple J sometimes, and If you know and like one you usually would know most.

Reel Big Fish are relatively big, as I heard them on 2day FM once. They also did a relatively popular take for 'Take on me'. They also come down often to Australia as do Goldfinger who I've heard on some Tony Hawk Video games. Reel Big fish were also the house band in the Baseketball movie.

Bagster, and the Porkers are local Bands, but the Porkers have been around for almost 20 years now, and would probably enjoy regular Tripple J airplay. Bagster is a local band that support a lot of the international Ska bands visiting here.

I'll only play music at the house party that other people will like. I might introduce some of the stuff I like, but the general concencus at parties is that people want to listen to stuff they are familiar with.

As for Ska-P, they are a really huge spanish band. Well they are big in Spain and South America if their internet publicity is to be believed. Angriest trumpet noises you'll ever hear, very fast tempo. A columbian dude from Uni introduced me to them. Manu Chau is mainstream French/Spanish pop/rock/raggae musician. He was on the Radio all the time when I was in France a few years back.

You can listen to Reel Big fish songs at reelbigfish.com and I googled some Ska-p songs from the internet :)
apple head
Super Genius

Postby Demongoldfish on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:21 pm

whenever I'm drawing i like to listen to the laid back tunes of Tim Pearson its simply wonderful stuff

and i quote from this music genius's website this music is the "sound of sex during the rain and early late hours of dawning"... i couldn't have put it better myself. wonderful!

I would recommend listening to all his most famous hits including...
Deep inside
Southern rain
and who could forget the chart topping smash hit that was "C"

p.s. if anyone doesn't get this my full name is tim pearson except [as far as i know] this is not me.
Demongoldfish
Science Hero

Postby BMB on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:20 pm

Laocorn wrote:I'm more for medoly in the singing, but man I love the riffs in the growling stuff.

You much for Megadeth?

Honestly? No. :D

The lightest metal I have would be some old Sepultura, but I'm getting progressivley more and more into heavier, gurglier, sounds like a pig gargling shit with its head in mud kinda music. Cannibal Corpse is about the lightest that I play on my stez now. :D

(and Mr Mozart, go figure)
BMB
Science Hero

Postby Anomic on Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:35 pm

Oingo Boingo (anything), Eurythmics (1984 soundtrack), Icehouse (Sidewalk album only) and sometimes Wham (the early years)...
Action reveals character
Anomic
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby TregorySullivan on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:47 pm

1) Reel Big Fish: Kiss Me Deadly. Not the definitive (that's Lita Ford), but one you need to be drunk for.

2) Try the Armitage III soundtrack. It's pulse-pounding electronica, but not loud enough to be distracting. Also, there is a song that is a throwback to the 40's torchsongs, but with cyberpunk imagery. If you put that on in the background, you will get something done..

TS
TregorySullivan
Superhero

Postby dillon on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:39 pm

" and sometimes Wham (the early years)..."

i can picture you hunkered down over your work in earnest, listening to 'young guns'
dillon
Super Genius

Postby Anomic on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:26 am

"Hey sucker..."

Hey Dillon,
Vigil (#1-8), one of my titles getting release at Supanova this year was written to Wham’s The Final (best of) and Eurythmics (1984 soundtrack)

The ideas of a 1980’s fluorescent-culture and the bleak movie version of 1984 are woven into the narrative if anyone cares to look… serious… ;)

I still listen to these albums on my computer while I write even though Vigil is essentially finished…
Action reveals character
Anomic
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby davidjcunning on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:34 am

The soundtrack to Garden State is always a winner for me. Once I'm drawing I dont like anything thats too heavy otherwise I just find myself tapping along to the beat and before too long i'm into the air drums.
davidjcunning
Super Genius

Next

Return to What Drives Me